Here are a few of the events the RCF Spec Late models was happy to host and supply our racecars and time for these great events.
Watch the 2016 race here
The Celebrity Drivers:
- Kelly Hu, is an actress, voice artist and former fashion model. Hu was a former Miss Teen USA and Miss Hawaii USA. Hu starred in the American television soap opera 'Sunset Beach' and as Michelle Chan on the police drama, 'Nash Bridges'. She has also starred in numerous films including 'The Scorpion King', 'Cradle 2 the Grave', 'X2', & 'XMen United', and 'The Tournament'.
- Mark Kriski, the very popular morning news weatherman at KTLA in Los Angeles. Kriski has earned numerous awards, including nine Emmy Awards and an Associated Press Radio-Television Award. The Los Angeles Times named him LA's funniest weatherman and he also earned a Golden Mike Award from the Radio Television Digital News Association.
- Beth Littleford, is best known for her work on the first four years of Comedy Central's 'The Daily Show,' she now stars on Disney's Emmy-nominated 'Dog With A Blog.' Littleford has also guest-starred on numerous television programs such as 'The West Wing', 'Spin City', 'Family Guy', and 'Frasier
- Swampy Marsh, Co-creator & voice actor for Disney's 'Phineas & Ferb', co-creator of the new series 'Milo Murphy's Law' premiering this October on Disney XD
- Frankie Muniz, who made a name for himself as the star of 'Malcolm in the Middle', which led to numerous television and film roles.
- Blake Michael, is perhaps best known for his role as Charlie Delgado in the Disney Channel film 'Lemonade Mouth', as well as for his role as Tyler James in the Disney Channel series 'Dog with a Blog', which earned him the 2013Young Artist Award for Best Leading Young Actor in a Television Series.
- Adrian Pasdar, known for playing the lead on the TV series 'Profit', and for his roles in 'Near Dark', 'Carlito's Way', 'Mysterious Ways', as Brigadier General in 'Colony' on USA network, and as Nathan Petrelli on 'Heroes'.
- Leah Remini, an American actress, producer, author, and comedian, best known for her role as Carrie Heffernan on The King of Queens
- Jason Ritter, the son of actress Nancy Morgan and late actor John Ritter, known for his roles as Kevin Girardi in the television series 'Joan of Arcadia', as Sean Walker in the NBC series 'The Event'. He played the recurring role of Mark Cyr in the NBC television series 'Parenthood', for which he received an Emmy Award nomination.
- Gordon "Lug Nutzz" Stewart, one of the voices of Irwindale Speedway, he is heard on #1 Motorsports/Action Sports and Lifestyle Radio Program in Southern California ... the home of the Angels, Ducks, Raiders, and Notre Dame Football. Angels Radio AM830 KLAA in association with ESPN. Stewart is a former ESPN and SPEED TV commentator.
Wounded Warrior Project 2014
Irwindale, Calif. - - Eleven well-known names in the entertainment world are about to suit up, strap on helmets, and buckle into 450-horsepower, NASCAR-style stock cars. This special celebrity race will take place at Irwindale Speedway, located about 25 miles East of Hollywood.
Set for the evening of Saturday, September 27 and benefitting Wounded Warrior Project®, celebrities from television, sports, and film will be racing identical S2, tube-framed, fiberglass-bodied stock cars, each powered by a full race 450-horsepower V-8 engine.
This special celebrity race is the feature event for a night of championship NASCAR racing on the wide, fast, banked Irwindale oval. Scheduled to put pedals to the metal on the 27th are:
Corbin Bleu - "High School Musical," "Dancing With the Stars"
Matt D'Andria - GQ's "Car Collectors," Co-Host "Car Cast"
Brett Davern - MTV's "Awkward"
Doug Fregin - Co-founder Research In Motion, makers of BlackBerry
Brian Austin Green - "Anger Management," "Beverly Hills, 90210"
Mark-Paul Gosselaar - "Franklin & Bash," "Saved by the Bell"
Tricia Helfer - "Battlestar Galactica," "Killer Women"
Nathan Kress - "iCarly," "Into The Storm"
Mark Kriski - KTLA 5 Meteorologist
Tito Ortiz - former UFC Champion, Hall of Famer
Erik Valdez - "Graceland," "General Hospital"
"We really have an all-star 'cast' for this race," said track President /CEO Jim Cohan. "We truly appreciate all of the celebrities' personal commitments to making this a great event for Wounded Warrior Project®. There are no stand-ins or stunt doubles for this one. Each of these celebrities have put in many hours of training and practice on the racetrack here at Irwindale," he went on. "They're all learning that controlling a fast stock car on a fast race course like this one is a complex job ... they're learning their 'lines' well!"
The special celebrity charity event will be part of a full night of NASCAR racing that will see racing machines from the very smallest with Universal Studios Hollywood Bandoleros (starting age to race is 8 years old), to the Lucas Oil Late Models, Irwindale Race Trucks, Super Stocks, Seidner's Collision Centers Mini-Stocks, and the INEX Legend Cars.
About Wounded Warrior Project®
Wounded Warrior Project is recognizing its ten-year anniversary, reflecting on a decade of service and reaffirming its commitment to serving injured veterans for their lifetime.The mission of Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) is to honor and empower Wounded Warriors. WWP currently serves more than 54,000 warriors and 7,500 family members through its unique 20 programs and services. WWP's purpose is to raise awareness and to enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members, to help injured servicemen and women aid and assist each other, and to provide unique, direct programs and services to meet their needs. WWP is a national organization headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. To get involved and learn more, visit woundedwarriorproject.org.
2015 Walk On Water event
2011 Kids against Cancer night
- Bill Fichtner
- Brett Daveren
- Christopher Knight
- Corbin Bleu
- Doug Fregin
- Erik Valdez
- Frank Muniz
- Jason Galvin
- Jeff 'Swampy' Marsh
- Kim Coates
- Lorenzo Lamas
- Mark Kriski
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar
- Matt D’Andria
- Nathan Kress
- Paul Blevin
- Peter Shinkoda
- Riki Rachtman
- Skeet Ulrich
- Tricia Helfer